Is Carla her first or second child? 布赖恩是她的第一个还是第二个孩子？
Today is the second (of March).
She is often described as a second Marilyn Monroe. 她常常被人们称为玛丽莲‧梦露第二。
You really should make the most of the opportunity, because you won't get a second chance. 你真的应该好好珍惜这个机会，因为你不会再有这样的机会了。
- After the USA, China is the second biggest importer of oil.
- His second novel was much better than his first.
- The second accident involved two cars and a lorry.
- This is my second attempt at the exam.
- In the second experiment they obtained a very clear result.
B1 after the first and before any others第二（的），第二个（的）
second noun (TIME)
There are 60 seconds in a minute. 1分钟有60秒。
"Come on, hurry up!" "I'll just/only be a second - I need to close the window." “快，跟上！”“等一小会儿，我得把后门锁上。”
Do you have a second, Paul? I need to talk to you. 你能抽出点儿时间吗，保罗？我想和你说句话。
It won't take a second (= it will be very quick). 花不了多少时间。
- Any half-decent sprinter can run 100 metres in 11 seconds.
- With two laps to go Ngomo led by less than two seconds.
- The computer takes a few seconds to power up after it's been switched on.
- She has beaten her own record of three minutes ten seconds.
- A dog can tear a rabbit apart in seconds.
second noun (POSITION)
This is the second of the four tests. 这是4场测验中的第二场。
second noun (MEASUREMENT)
second noun (DAMAGED PRODUCT)
second noun (HELPER)
second noun (GEAR)
secondverb [ T ]uk /ˈsek.ənd/ us /ˈsek.ənd/