security noun (PROTECTION)
30 demonstrators were killed in clashes with the security forces over the weekend. 周末，30名示威者在与保安部队的冲突中丧生。
The tighter security measures/precautions include video cameras throughout the city centre. 加强安全保障措施包括在市中心安装摄像头。
- Why would a tenant agree to swap life-time security for a short-term lease?
- You need some financial security when you have children.
- Government bonds are a sound investment because they combine good profits and high security.
- In this age of short-term contracts, job security often seems like a thing of the past.
- If it's a choice between higher pay and job security, I'd prefer to keep my job.
security noun (CERTAINTY)
If it's a choice between higher pay and job security, I'd prefer to keep my job. 如果在更高的薪酬和安稳的工作两者之间进行选择，我宁愿保住工作。
security noun (FINANCE)
She used her shares in the company as security against a $23 million bank loan. 她向银行所借的2300万英镑是以其在公司的股票为抵押的。