seek verb (SEARCH)
- I was expelled from school and forced to seek work.
- You should seek compensation.
- If symptoms persist seek medical attention .
- Contributions are being sought for the disaster fund.
- He had actively sought a pardon from the president.
seek verb (TRY)
- The country's president is seeking to mend relations with the United States.
- Six journalists sought to challenge in court the legality of the ban on broadcasting.
- They are seeking to change the rules.
- People seeking to end the crisis must have our full support.
- I find it abhorrent that people should seek to gain financially from this tragic situation.