seemverb [ I + adv/prep, L ]uk /siːm/ us /siːm/
He's 16, but he often seems (to be) younger. 他16岁了，但往往看起来要小些。
Things are seldom as/how/what they seem. 事情很少表里一致。
[ + (that) ] It seems (that) she can't come. 她好像来不了了。
formal It would seem (that) no action need be taken. 看来，我们需要在飞机起飞前两个小时赶到机场。
"Was a decision made?" "It seems not/so." “作出决定了吗？”“好象没作／作了。”
- She seemed happy enough this morning.
- The plan seemed quite simple.
- He seemed a bit depressed about his work situation.
- She seemed a bit detached, as if her mind were on other things.
- She seemed slightly embarrassed to see us there.