I have my public life and my private life, and as far as possible I try to keep them separate. 我有自己的公众生活和私人生活，并尽可能使两者分开。
- We each have a separate bedroom but share a communal kitchen.
- Householders are given four separate receptacles for their rubbish.
- The waiter asked if we were all together so I explained that we were two separate parties.
- He regarded the north of the country as a separate cultural entity.
- The museums work closely together, but are separate legal entities.
separate verb (DIVIDE)
- It's sometimes hard to separate fact from fiction in what she says.
- In many churches the side aisles are separated from the central aisle by a row of arches.
- A narrow band of grass separated the greenhouse from the vegetable garden.
- A grille separated the prisoners from their visitors.
- I've separated the documents into three piles.
separate verb (MOVE APART)
At school they always tried to separate Jane and me because we were troublemakers. 在学校里，他们总是设法把简和我分开，因为我们是捣蛋鬼。
Somehow, in the rush to get out of the building, I got separated from my mother. 急急忙忙冲出大楼的时候，不知怎么的，我和妈妈走散了。