shadow noun (DARKNESS)
the shadows [ plural ]
be in/under the shadow of sth
- The setting sun cast long shadows across the lawn.
- Someone was lurking in the shadows.
- The shadows deepened as the evening drew on.
- The tree cast a shadow over his face.
- A shadow fell over her work and she looked up to see who was there.
shadow noun (SMALL AMOUNT)
shadow noun (FOLLOW)
shadowverb [ T ]uk /ˈʃæd.əʊ/ us /ˈʃæd.oʊ/
shadow verb [ T ] (FOLLOW)
The police think that the robbers shadowed their victims for days before the crime. 警方认为抢劫者跟踪了受害人几天之后才实施犯罪的。