shift verb (MOVE/CHANGE)
shift verb (GET RID OF)
shift noun (GROUP)
shift noun (CHANGE)
The shift in the balance of power in the region has had far-reaching consequences. 这个地区力量均势的改变有着深远的影响。
- The last few years have seen a shift in opinion on the issue.
- The 1990s saw a shift to democratic government in eastern Europe.
- Rarely has there been such a dramatic shift in American policy and tone.
- Opinion polls show a dramatic shift in attitude towards the environment.
- Recent years have witnessed a shift away from fatty foods.