smuggleverb [ T usually + adv/prep ]uk /ˈsmʌɡ.əl/ us /ˈsmʌɡ.əl/
She was caught trying to smuggle 26 kilos of heroin out of/into the country. 她在企图把26千克海洛因走私出境／入境时被抓获。
- All four men deny trying to smuggle drugs.
- There are severe penalties for smuggling guns into the country.
- Four more Britons were jailed in France yesterday for trying to smuggle illegal immigrants into England.
- Together they plotted to smuggle weapons into the troubled region.
- They pleaded guilty to trying to smuggle $8 million worth of marijuana.