soft adjective (NOT HARD)
A2 not hard or firm软的，柔软的，松软的
soft ground 松软的地面
soft cheese 软奶酪
soft leather 柔软的皮革
Look at you! You need more exercise. You're going/getting soft. 看看你！你需要多加锻炼，你的身体越来越虚弱了。
- I like soft French cheeses such as Brie and Camembert.
- Sleeping on a bed that is too soft can be bad for your back.
- Bananas and other soft fruits bruise easily.
- The material was soft to the touch.
- He loved the feel of her soft hair against his skin.
soft adjective (GENTLE)
a soft glow 柔和的光
- the soft flicker of candlelight
- Palm trees swayed lazily in the soft breeze.
- He put on some soft music and turned the lights down in order to give the room a bit more atmosphere.
- I heard the soft mutter of voices in the next room.
- He spoke with a soft Irish accent.