special adjective (NOT USUAL)
Is there anything special that you'd like to do today? 今天你有没有什么特别的事要做？
Passengers should tell the airline in advance if they have any special dietary needs. 乘客如有特殊的饮食需要，须事先向航空公司说明。
Full details of the election results will be published in a special edition of tomorrow's newspaper. 选举结果的详细情况明天将刊登在报纸的特别版上。
- The informative asides about rural life make this wine guide rather special.
- I would like to say a big thankyou to everyone who's helped to make our wedding such a special occasion!
- The hotel has a special discount rate for newlyweds.
- I have a suit but I only wear it on special occasions.
- Her voice is OK, but it's nothing special.
special adjective (PARTICULAR)
- They use special chemicals to accelerate the growth of crops.
- These automatic cameras have a special focusing mechanism.
- This food processor has a special attachment for grinding coffee.
- Sailors have special equipment to help them navigate.
- They probed in the mud with a special drill.
specialnoun [ C ]uk /ˈspeʃ.əl/ us /ˈspeʃ.əl/
Today's specials are written on the board. 今天的特色菜写在布告板上。