spoil verb (DESTROY)
I haven't seen the film, so don't spoil it for me by telling me what happens. 我还没看那部电影，所以别把内容告诉我，以免坏了我的兴致。
- He wasn't enjoying the occasion so he thought he'd spoil it for everyone else - it was very childish of him.
- Knowing the ending already didn't spoil my enjoyment of the film.
- The government is understandably reluctant to do anything which might spoil the harmonious relations between the country's ethnic groups.
- I won't have any chocolate, thanks. It will spoil my appetite.
- Let it rain - it won't spoil our afternoon.
spoil verb (TREAT WELL)
spoil verb (CHILD)