squarenoun [ C ]uk /skweər/ us /skwer/
square noun [ C ] (SHAPE)
First draw a square. 首先画一个正方形。
It's a square-shaped room. 这是个正方形的房间。
A2 any square-shaped object正方形物，四方形物
Are they still living at 6 Eaton Square? 他们还住在伊顿广场6号吗？
- Cut the pastry into a square and turn in the corners.
- A square is a regular quadrilateral.
- A square has four right angles.
- Just before midnight, the square filled up with drunken revellers.
- In the square in front of the hotel stands a monument to all the people killed in the war.
square noun [ C ] (BORING PERSON)
square noun [ C ] (MULTIPLY)
square adjective (SHAPE)
A2 having the shape of a square正方形的，四方形的
- It's a square room.
- He has a very square face.
- She was wearing a square pendant around her neck.
- We've bought a square table for the dining room.
- She drew a square shape on the paper.
square adjective (EQUAL)
(all) square informal