subjectnoun [ C ]uk /ˈsʌb.dʒekt/ us /ˈsʌb.dʒekt/
subject noun [ C ] (AREA OF DISCUSSION)
Our subject for discussion is homelessness. 我们讨论的话题是无家可归问题。
The guest lecturer took as her subject (= decided to speak about) "punishment and imprisonment in modern society". 特邀演讲人演讲的题目是“现代社会的刑罚与监禁”。
- Books on every conceivable subject lined one wall.
- Several experts are to give evidence on the subject.
- The school offers courses in every subject imaginable.
- She's got some very interesting things to say on the subject.
- Food, like sex, is a subject of almost universal interest.
subject noun [ C ] (AREA OF STUDY)
subject noun [ C ] (GRAMMAR)
- 'Clare' is the subject of the sentence 'Clare drank all the milk'.
- 'He' is the subject of the sentence 'He lost his job'.