tap verb (HIT)
Someone tapped me on the shoulder. 有人轻轻拍我的肩膀。
tap verb (GET)
› [ T ] to get or make use of something开发；开辟；着手利用
For more than a century, Eastern cities have expanded their water supplies by tapping ever more remote sources. 一个多世纪以来，东部的城市通过开发更偏远地区的水源，扩大了水的供应。
tap verb (PHONE)
tap noun (DEVICE)
Turn the tap on/off. 打开／关掉水龙头
- The water was barely dribbling out of the tap.
- I still haven't got round to fixing that tap.
- Some idiot left the tap running in the bathroom and there's water everywhere.
- The hot tap is running cold !
- There's a tray under each tap to catch the beer slops.