tendencynoun [ C ]uk /ˈten.dən.si/ us /ˈten.dən.si/
C1 If someone has a tendency to do or like something, they will probably do it or like it.（思想、行为等的）倾向
- He complained that there was a tendency to equate right-wing politics with self-interest.
- There is a tendency in films to make the equation between violence and excitement.
- Apparently some people have an inborn tendency to develop certain kinds of tumour.
- She's one of those authors who has a tendency to overwrite.
- Our best intentions are sometimes subverted by our natural tendency to selfishness.