theatre noun (BUILDING/ROOM)
the Lyceum Theatre 兰心剧院
a lecture theatre 报告厅
- Please exit the theatre by the side doors.
- I'd far rather go to the theatre than watch a video.
- All the major theatres now have sponsors, especially for high-cost productions.
- We had seats in the front row of the theatre.
- The theatre managed to boost its audiences by cutting ticket prices.
theatre noun (PERFORMING ARTS)
She made her career in the theatre. 她从事戏剧事业。
- In the 70s he was the enfant terrible of the theatre.
- He doesn't really know a thing about the theatre - he's just posing!
- The arts festival is pre-eminently a festival of theatre.
- She has shunned publicity since she retired from the theatre.
- There's a lot of straight theatre at the festival as well as the newer, more experimental stuff.