traditionnoun [ C or U ]uk /trəˈdɪʃ.ən/ us /trəˈdɪʃ.ən/
[ + that ] There's a tradition in our office that when it's somebody's birthday, they bring in a cake for all of us to share. 我们办公室有个传统：当有人过生日时，就会带蛋糕来跟我们大家一起分享。
We decided to break with tradition (= not behave as usual) this year and go away for Christmas. 今年我们决定打破传统，外出度圣诞节。
- This college has a long tradition of athletic excellence.
- In keeping with tradition, they always have turkey on Christmas Day.
- The old people in the village still observe the local traditions.
- This tradition dates back to medieval times.
- Daphne is carrying on the family tradition by becoming a lawyer.