trafficnoun [ U ]uk /ˈtræf.ɪk/ us /ˈtræf.ɪk/
traffic noun [ U ] (VEHICLES)
New measures have been introduced to try and ease traffic congestion in the city. 这个城市已经采取了新措施试图缓解交通拥堵。
The airline halved its overseas service because of a sharp reduction in traffic. 该航空公司因运输量骤降而削减了一半的海外业务。
- Sorry I'm late, I got held up in traffic.
- There was a police officer directing the traffic.
- The council is to examine ways of reducing traffic in the city centre.
- The traffic was quite light so we got through London quickly.
- I don't want a load of traffic going past my house all night, keeping me awake.