train noun (VEHICLE)
the train to/from Bristol 开往／发自布里斯托尔的列车
Did you come by train? 你是乘火车来的吗？
She caught/took the train to Edinburgh. 她赶上了去爱丁堡的火车／她乘火车去爱丁堡。
train noun (SERIES)
train of thought/events
train noun (PART OF DRESS)
train verb (PREPARE)
She trained as a pilot. 她接受过飞行训练。
She trained hard for the race, sometimes running as much as 60 miles a week. 她为参加赛跑比赛而刻苦训练，有时一周能跑60英里。
- We're trying to train our dog to sit.
- Doctors are trained to recognize the symptoms of different diseases.
- I had to take an aptitude test before I began training as a nurse.
- How I wish I could train the children to leave their dirty shoes at the door!
- We believe that he has been training an army and storing up arms.