transport noun (GOODS/PEOPLE)
the Department of Transport 交通部
- The city's transport system is one of the most efficient in Europe.
- The tour operator will arrange transport and plan your itinerary.
- Travelling by train is still one of the safest methods of transport.
- If you think that these transport problems can be solved by building more roads, you completely misunderstand the nature of the problem.
- Please let the organizers know if you're able to offer transport to or from the campsite for this year's Cub camp.
transportverb [ T ]uk /trænˈspɔːt/ us /trænˈspɔːrt/
transport verb [ T ] (GOODS/PEOPLE)
The pipeline was constructed to transport oil across Alaska to ports on the coast. 建设这条输油管道是为了使石油能够穿越阿拉斯加输送到沿海各港口。
- The prisoners were transported under military escort.
- The emergency building is transported in individual modules, such as bedrooms and a kitchen, which are put together on site.
- Environmentalists argue that more goods should be transported by rail.
- The two prisoners were kept under restraint while they were transported between prisons.