treat verb (DEAL WITH)
- Many companies still treat their management staff better than their workers.
- You really should treat your parents with more respect.
- These men's magazines just treat women as playthings.
- We try to treat our students as individuals.
- All information will be treated as strictly confidential.
treat verb (GIVE MEDICAL CARE)
- The farmer called the vet out to treat a sick cow.
- Laboratory tests suggest that the new drug may be used to treat cancer.
- Two firefighters were treated for smoke inhalation.
- At that time I worked in a small hospital where I was treating shell-shocked soldiers.
- Antihistamine is often used to treat hay fever and insect bites.