trust verb (BELIEVE)
Trust me - I know about these things. 相信我——我了解这些东西。
That man is not to be trusted. 那个人不可靠。
I wouldn't trust him with my car. 我不会把我的车交给他用。
- He's such a liar - you can't trust a word he says.
- I can't employ him in the shop unless I can trust him.
- After what she did to me, I'll never trust her again.
- You can trust Ruth because she always does things by the rules.
- He's a sly old devil - I wouldn't trust him with my money.
trust verb (HOPE)
trust noun (BELIEF)
- Lack of trust is very destructive in a relationship.
- Theirs was a partnership based on mutual respect, trust and understanding.
- A good relationship is built on trust.
- All her life she had a childlike trust in other people.
- We place our trust in doctors, but even they are fallible.
trust noun (LEGAL ARRANGEMENT)
Under the terms of the trust he receives interest on the money, but he cannot get at the money itself. 按照信托协议，他得到那笔钱的利息，但不可处置本金。
trust noun (ORGANIZATION)