venturenoun [ C ]uk /ˈven.tʃər/ us /ˈven.tʃɚ/
- The project was a joint venture between the two schools .
- With debts of $4 million and a monthly payroll of $1.2 million, the venture is clearly heading for trouble.
- "How's your new venture going?" "It's looking quite promising."
- The office block was built as a speculative venture.
- They announced the start of a new commercial venture.
ventureverb [ I usually + adv/prep, T ]uk /ˈven.tʃər/ us /ˈven.tʃɚ/ formal
As we set off into the forest, we felt as though we were venturing (forth) into the unknown. 当我们动身进入那片森林时，感觉自己似乎正在冒险进入一个未知的世界。
- In this region women seldom venture out of purdah.
- She ventured the opinion that they should be more polite.
- When we ventured outside, the sun was shining.
- We ventured into the local town.
- I ventured to suggest that we should stop for the night.