Which year was it that Italy won the World Cup? 意大利是哪一年赢得世界杯的？
Who's winning? 谁会取胜？
Who won the men's finals at the Open? 男子网球决赛谁赢了？
This is Jamie, the four-year old who won the hearts of the nation (= made everyone love him and/or feel sympathy for him). 这就是杰米，受到全国人民关爱的4岁孩子。
She would do anything to win his love. 为了获得他的爱，她什么都愿意做。
- Brazil are favourites to win this year's World Cup.
- He won the award for best actor, and deservedly so.
- Whoever wins the election is going to have a difficult job ahead of them.
- A recurring knee injury may have impaired his chances of winning the tournament.
- She delivered a final serve from the baseline to win the match.
winnoun [ C ]uk /wɪn/ us /wɪn/
- The team went all out for a win.
- It was only their second win of the season.
- This win will go down in history.
- We need two wins to dislodge the French team from first place.
- In the end, the match finished in a win for the home side.