wonder verb (QUESTION)
[ + question word ] Shouldn't you phone home? Your parents will be wondering where you are. 你是不是最好给家里打个电话？你父母会想知道你在哪儿的。
wonder verb (SURPRISE)
The sight of the Grand Canyon stretching out before them filled them with wonder. 大峡谷展现在眼前的景象让他们惊叹万分。
- Space travel is one of the wonders of modern science.
- Running works wonders for the metabolism.
- In his poems everyday reality is invested with a sense of wonder and delight.
- After five years with the company she hadn't been promoted - small wonder then that she decided to quit her job.
- The baby looked with wonder at the Christmas tree.