abroadadverb [ after verb ]uk /əˈbrɔːd/ us /əˈbrɑːd/
abroad adverb [ after verb ] (OTHER COUNTRY)
He's currently abroad on business. 目前他在國外出差。
We always go abroad in the summer. 我們夏天總是到國外去。
- After her divorce she went to live abroad.
- He wanted the best for his children - good schools, a nice house and trips abroad.
- We have two grown-up children, both of whom live abroad.
- They decided to move abroad and make a fresh start.
- Some very well-known British football players have gone to clubs abroad.