addressnoun [ C ]uk /əˈdres/ us /ˈæd.res/
address noun [ C ] (HOME DETAILS)
a change of address 地址變更
address noun [ C ] (COMPUTERS)
addressverb [ T ]uk /əˈdres/ us /əˈdres/
address verb [ T ] (SPEAK TO)
C2 formal to speak or write to someone對…講話，對…發表演說，致辭；給…寫信，致函
address verb [ T ] (DEAL WITH)
- They are guilty of a cowardly failure to address the problem.
- Her speech was full of excuses and evasions and never properly addressed the issue.
- As employers we need to be seen to be addressing these issues sympathetically.
- The government has to address the rise in violent crime.
- Airports are trying to address security concerns without causing inconvenience to passengers.