advertiseverb [ T or I ]uk /ˈæd.və.taɪz/ us /ˈæd.vɚ.taɪz/
I'm going to advertise for (= put a notice in the newspaper, local shop, etc., asking for) someone to clean my house. 我打算登廣告僱個人來做家庭清潔。
- They advertise clothes 'for the fuller figure'.
- It is most expensive to advertise at peak viewing times.
- The concert was well enough advertised but ticket sales were poor.
- Teaching posts are advertised in Tuesday's edition of the paper.
- The market for those dreadful compilation records you see advertised on TV is just another of life's great mysteries.