US It's a quarter after four. 四點十五分了。
After (= because of) what she did to me, I'll never trust her again. 她對我做出這種事情，我再也不會信任她了。
The children have to learn to tidy up after themselves (= after they have made things untidy). 孩子必須意識到，自己弄亂了東西，就得自己收拾整齊。
be after sb/sth informal
a concerto after Mozart 模仿莫劄特風格的協奏曲
- I'll meet you down at the club after work.
- The boat sank almost immediately after it had struck the rock.
- She was amazed at how calm she felt after the accident.
- Apply the suntan cream liberally to exposed areas every three hours and after swimming.
- If we turn left at the next junction, we should hit the main road after five miles or so.
not standard She got back at 4.30 and went to see Emilie after (= after she got back). 她四點半回來的，隨後就去探望艾蜜莉了。
- He collapsed at work and died soon after.
- After nine years in Cambridge, Susannah and Guy moved to Watlington, where they lived happily ever after.
- Let's feed the kids first and have our dinner after.
- You have a good cry and you'll feel better after.
- Mary left the company and I found another job shortly after.