ahead adverb (IN FRONT)
B1 in front在前面，在前方
Turn left at the traffic lights, and you'll see the hospital straight ahead. 在紅綠燈那裡左轉，正前方就是醫院，你一眼就能看見。
Rick walked on ahead of us. 裡克走在我們前面。
You go on ahead of (= before) me, and I'll meet you there. 你先走，我們在那裡會合。
Apparently, the latest opinion polls put the Democrats 15 percent ahead of the Republicans. 據最近的一次民意調查顯示，民主黨領先了共和黨15個百分點。
Barcelona was ahead after ten minutes. 十分鐘後巴塞隆納隊領先。
- The path ahead was flat and smooth.
- We must stay one step ahead of our competitors.
- In the last few metres of the race, she suddenly zoomed ahead.
- You two go ahead - Sam and I'll bring up the rear.
- He kept his eyes on the road ahead, his face taut with concentration.
ahead adverb (IN THE FUTURE)
B1 in or into the future將來，未來，今後；在前面
- I've got a busy week ahead of me.
- Planning so far ahead makes no sense - so many things will have changed by next year.
- Normally, I plan one or two days ahead.
- The hardest part of the competition still lies ahead of us.
- Friendless and jobless, he wondered how he would survive the year ahead.