all rightadjective [ after verb ], adverbalso not standard alright uk /ˌɔːl ˈraɪt/ us /ˌɑːl ˈraɪt/
all right adjective [ after verb ], adverb (GOOD/SATISFACTORY)
I wouldn't say she's rich, but she's doing all right (= being reasonably successful). 我不能說她很富有，但是她日子過得還可以。
Is everything all right, madam? 一切都還好嗎，夫人？
B1 only just good enough不錯的，還可以，差強人意的
This wine's all right, isn't it? 這酒還可以 ，是吧？
Her mum's really strict, but her dad's all right. 她媽媽很嚴厲，但她爸爸還好。
it's all right for sb
It's all right for you - your mum takes care of the children whenever you want. 海倫當然不用擔心。她有需要的時候，她媽媽總會幫她照顧孩子。
- Do you still dislike your office, or do you think it's all right now?
- "It'll be all right," she said comfortingly.
- Are your roses doing all right this year?
- It's all right working with him, but living with him would be a different matter altogether.
- Would it be all right if I left my suitcase here for a few minutes?
- £50 per hour? It's all right for some.
- It's all right for people who can afford it.
all right adjective [ after verb ], adverb (SAFE)
all right adjective [ after verb ], adverb (ABLE TO MANAGE)
Are you all right with those cases? 你一個人拿這麼多箱子，可以嗎？
all right adjective [ after verb ], adverb (AGREED)
All right, that's enough noise! 行了，吵死了！
"Are you sure you won't come with us?" "All right then. If you insist." 「你真的不過來跟我們喝一杯？」「那好吧，你這麼盛意拳拳，我也不推辭了。」
Would it be all right if I came? 我去可以嗎？
[ + to infinitive ] Chris wants to know if it'll be all right to come over to see us this evening. 克裡斯想知道他今晚是否可以過來看我們。
it's all right A2 also that's all right
"Thank you for the flowers." "It's all right (= there's no need to thank me). I thought they might cheer you up." 「多謝你送花給我。」「別客氣，我想這些花能讓你心情好一點。」