area noun (PLACE)
Houses in the London area (= in and around London) are very expensive. 倫敦地區的房價很高。
He's an area manager (= is responsible for business in a particular area) for a computer company. 他是一家電腦公司的區域經理。
This is a very poor area. 這是一個非常貧困的地區。
- The area depends on agriculture for most of its income.
- Debris from the aircraft was scattered over a large area.
- This area of the park has been specially designated for children.
- Some species exist in this small area of forest and nowhere else on earth.
- There was more rainfall than usual this summer in the mountain areas.
area noun (SUBJECT)
Marketing is Paul's area. 市場行銷屬於保羅的職責範圍。
Software is not really my area of expertise. 軟體並不屬於我的專業範圍。
- Matters of discipline fall outside my area of responsibility.
- Electronic publishing is a growth area.
- The law in this area is very strict and doesn't allow us much room for manoeuvre.
- OK, this seems to be an area of disagreement, so let's vote on it.
- The book will encourage research in this very important area.