ask verb (QUESTION)
[ + question word ] I've no idea what time the train leaves. Ask the guard whether he knows. 我不知道火車甚麼時候開，問問車長是否知道。
ask verb (INVITE)
UK I've asked David to the party. 我已經邀請了大衛來參加派對。
"Are you going to Muriel's party?" "No, I haven't been asked." 「你會參加繆裡爾的派對嗎？」「不，我沒有接到邀請。」
ask verb (EXPECT)
He asks too much of me - I can't always be there to help him. 他對我的要求太過分了——我不能總在那裡幫他吧。
- They were asking £180,000 for the place, so I put in an offer of £170,000.
- They're asking £60,000 for their flat, but the market price is nearer £55,000.
- We thought they were asking a very high price.
- I thought being asked to miss my lunch was a bit much.
- To expect me to look after her kids all day is asking a bit much.