associateverb [ T ]uk /əˈsəʊ.si.eɪt/ us /əˈsoʊ.ʃi.eɪt/
- Most people associate troglodytes with prehistoric times, but troglodyte communities still exist in Tunisia and China.
- Both politicians have been closely associated with the movement for some time.
- He has been associated with some dubious characters.
- I am happy, indeed proud, to be associated with this project.
- One or two of the earlier photos reveal an intriguing androgyny not normally associated with the actress.
associatenoun [ C ]uk /əˈsəʊ.ʃi.ət/ us /əˈsoʊ.ʃi.ət/
associate noun [ C ] (FRIEND)
a business associate 生意夥伴
- We entertain a lot of people, mainly business associates of my wife's.
- Only close friends and associates were invited.
- The book, written by a former associate, attacked the president's style of government.
- I'd like you to meet a business associate of mine.
- Former associates of the dictator were forced to testify against him.