attack verb (HURT)
- Her voice shook as she spoke about the person who attacked her.
- He attacked the man with a broken bottle.
- She used to love cats but one attacked her and she doesn't like them anymore.
- The army has been criticized for attacking the unarmed civilian population.
- Earlier today a man was arrested for attacking a motorist in a road rage incident.
attack verb (CRITICIZE)
attack verb (DAMAGE)
attack verb (SPORT)
attack noun (VIOLENT ACT)
a racist attack 種族主義襲擊
These bomb blasts suggest that the terrorists are (going) on the attack (= trying to defeat or hurt other people) again. 這些爆炸事件表明，恐怖主義分子又發起了進攻。
- The terrorist attack on the UN building has shocked the civilized world.
- The submarine dived just in time to avoid the enemy attack.
- The police have to arm themselves against attack.
- An 80-year-old woman was badly hurt in what the police describe as an apparently motiveless attack .
- The rebel headquarters took a direct hit from a bomb during the attack.
attack noun (CRITICISM)
attack noun (ILLNESS)
attack noun (SPORT)