attentionnoun [ U ]uk /əˈten.ʃən/ us /əˈten.ʃən/
attention noun [ U ] (NOTICE)
They're organizing a campaign to draw people's attention to the environmentally harmful effects of using their cars. 他們正在組織一場運動，目的是使人們意識到開車對環境造成的危害。
Wait a moment and I'll give you my full/undivided attention (= I'll listen to and think about only you). 等一下，過一會兒我就可以全神貫注聽你說了。
get/attract/catch sb's attention
pay attention (to sth/sb)
the centre of attention
turn your attention(s) to sth/sb
- The war has diverted attention away from the country's economic problems.
- Please excuse me from the rest of the meeting - I've just received a phone call that requires my immediate attention.
- He neglects that poor dog - he never takes him for walks or gives him any attention.
- I prodded her in the back to get her attention.
- Pay attention to what she's saying because she won't explain it a second time.