› informal having no money無錢的
› disapproving not having any good qualities缺乏…的
- The company went bankrupt and was put into the hands of the receivers.
- They piled up such a huge debt that they soon went bankrupt.
- When it was obvious the company was going bankrupt, the government ordered all their assets to be frozen.
- The business went bankrupt after investing an enormous amount on a product that failed to sell.
- Without the help of a generous investor, the theatre company would have gone bankrupt.