bear verb (ACCEPT)
Tell me now! I can't bear the suspense! 現在告訴我吧！ 我等不及了！
It's your decision - you have to bear the responsibility if things go wrong. 是你作出的決定——如果出了差錯，你必須承擔責任。
not bear thinking about
- I can't bear this stifling humidity.
- I can't bear it when someone starts ramming their views down your throat.
- "I can't bear to see good victuals wasted," said Martha.
- My mother couldn't bear waste - she always made us eat everything on our plates.
- I put my hands over my eyes because I couldn't bear to watch.
bear verb (HAVE)
[ + two objects ] I don't bear them any ill feeling (= I do not continue to be angry with or dislike them). 我並不怨恨他們。
bear verb (SUPPORT)
bear verb (PRODUCE)
[ + two objects ] When his wife bore him a child he could not hide his delight. 他的妻子生了個小孩時，他掩飾不住內心的喜悅。
bear verb (BRING)
bear verb (CHANGE DIRECTION)
bear verb (SAY)
bear testimony/witness formal
bear false witness old use
› to lie撒謊
bearnoun [ C ]uk /beər/ us /ber/
bear noun [ C ] (ANIMAL)