bill noun (REQUEST FOR PAYMENT)
Could we have the bill, please? 請替我們結帳好嗎？
- The bill must be paid in full by the end of the month.
- There is a ten percent service charge included in the bill.
- They want to talk to you in connection with an unpaid tax bill.
- If this bill is not paid within five days, your gas supply will be cut off.
- I checked the bill and realized the restaurant had charged me £5 too much.
bill noun (LAW)
- The bill was defeated in the Commons by 249 votes to 131.
- An amendment to the bill was agreed without a vote.
- The opposition was in full cry in Parliament last night over the proposed changes to the education bill.
- Politicians tried to dress up the bill as a bold new strategy for combatting poverty.
- He is unlikely to succeed in getting his bill through Congress, however worthy it is.
bill noun (MONEY)
bill noun (SIGN)
bill verb (REQUEST PAYMENT)
bill verb (ADVERTISE)