bishopnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɪʃ.əp/ us /ˈbɪʃ.əp/
bishop noun [ C ] (PRIEST)
the Bishop of Durham 達拉謨主教
Bishop Desmond Tutu 德斯蒙德‧圖圖主教
- the consecration of the new bishop
- We are counting on your speech, bishop, to give some moral uplift to the delegates.
- The bishop criticized the government for its "callous, uncaring attitude" to the homeless and the unemployed.
- Poverty and ignorance, the bishop said, were the forces of evil in our society today.
- The bishop's speech has prompted an angry response from both political parties.