bitter adjective (ANGRY)
bitter recriminations 激烈的反訴
He gave me a bitter look. 他狠狠地瞪了我一眼。
bitter adjective (TASTE)
- Radicchio has a slightly bitter flavour.
- The tip of the tongue is sensitive to salt and sweet stimuli and the back of the tongue is sensitive to bitter stimuli.
- In today's lesson we'll look at the four types of tastes - sweet, salty, bitter and sour.
- The additive quinine, which you find in tonic water, is very bitter.
- They add syrup to the medicine to try and mask the bitter taste.