board noun (WOOD)
a chess board 國際象棋棋盤
the boards [ plural ]
board noun (PEOPLE)
She started in the firm after college and now she's on the board/a board member. 她最初在公司端茶送水，而現在已經是董事會成員了。
- The decision will have to be ratified by the executive board.
- There's a board of five directors, but she is the Managing Director.
- There is a predominance of people with an arts degree on the board of governors.
- She persuaded the board of her worthiness to run the company.
- The editorial board has an expert with a world-wide reputation in the person of Professor Jameson.
board noun (EXAM)
board noun (TRANSPORT)
board noun (MEALS)
board verb (GET ON)
board verb (STAY)