business noun (SELLING)
My brother's in business. 我哥哥經商。
Eventually they found a consultant they felt they could do business with (= with whom they could work well). 最後他們找到了一個他們覺得可以與其愉快合作的顧問。
Currently, there are fewer firms in business (= operating) in the area than ever before. 目前在該地區經營的公司比以往任何時候都少。
This new tax will put a lot of small firms out of business (= they will stop operating). 這項新的稅收將導致許多小企業倒閉。
- Many things make it difficult for women to reach the top in US business.
- The way to be successful in business is always to stay one jump ahead of your competitors.
- What can European companies learn from Japanese business practices?
- She runs her own printing business.
- They put a lot of money into the family business.
business noun (MATTER)
I make it my business (= I feel it is my particular duty) to check the monthly accounts. 我覺得核查每月賬目是我的責任。
business noun (THINGS YOU DO)
What she does with her life is her business. 她如何生活是她自己的事。
- In spite of last night's terrorist attack, most people seem to be going about their business as if nothing had happened.
- "Where have you been?" "Mind your own business!"
- I was just motoring along, minding my own business, when suddenly I was stopped by the police.
- How you choose to conduct your private life is your own business!
- He's an interfering old busybody - who I go out with is none of his business!