He has a very calm manner. 他舉止沉著鎮靜。
- I was extremely angry but I'm feeling a little calmer now.
- He seemed calm on the surface although I suspect he was furious inside.
- You've got to appear calm in an interview even if you're terrified underneath.
- He usually stays quite calm in meetings but this time he just lost his head.
- She spoke with calm assurance.
adverb uk /ˈkɑːm.li/ us /ˈkɑːm.li/
- OK everyone, let's all quiet down and talk about this calmly.
- He was angry but he managed, with great self-restraint, to reply calmly.
- If the fire alarm goes off , leave the building quickly and calmly.
- He seems rather a nervous character but in fact he works very calmly and efficiently.
- Suntanned and relaxed, the new boss looked calmly about the room and appeared completely in command.