central adjective (NEAR THE MIDDLE)
central Europe/London 中歐／倫敦中部
- Some late news has just come in - a bomb has exploded in central London.
- In many churches the side aisles are separated from the central aisle by a row of arches.
- The bridge's central support gave way, tipping the coach into the river.
- The large central diamond is surrounded by eight smaller stones.
- I love the wide open spaces of central Australia.
central adjective (IMPORTANT)
a central role 主要角色
- I failed to grasp the film's central concept.
- Eugenics was the central, and most controversial, part of his social philosophy.
- The central character of the play is a flaky neurotic.
- The central argument of the book is that some of the plays were not written by Shakespeare.
- The central character is a malevolent witch out for revenge.