chip noun (FRIED FOOD)
fish and chips 炸魚薯條
a bag of chips 一包炸薯片
banana chips 炸香蕉片
- Cod and chips, please.
- He consumes vast quantities of chips with every meal.
- Joe demolished an enormous plateful of sausages and chips.
- The children seem to exist on a diet of burgers and chips.
- I've just bought a deep-fat fryer for cooking chips.
chip noun (COMPUTER PART)
a silicon chip 矽芯片
- The computer chip compresses and decompresses a colour image in less than a second.
- The invention of the silicon chip was a landmark in the history of the computer.
- The silicon chip is a classic example of the benefits of miniaturization.
- Using a single chip reduces (the) noise on the output signal by 90%.
- We use a Pentium chip.
chip noun (PIECE)
wood chips 木屑
This mug's got a chip in it/out of it. 這個馬克杯上有個缺口。