cold adjective (LOW TEMPERATURE)
cold hands 冰冷的手
cold weather 寒冷的天氣
My feet are so cold. 我的雙腳冰冷。
It's freezing cold today. 今天冷極了。
- It's very cold so put a jumper on.
- "I'm cold." "Shall I close this window?"
- A blast of cold air hit him as he opened the window.
- We spent the day on the beach but it was too cold to go swimming.
- I had a cold chicken breast and salad for lunch.
cold adjective (UNFRIENDLY)
She would never feel welcome in this city with its cold, unsmiling inhabitants. 置身這個城市裡冷漠、面無笑容的居民之中，她永遠不會感到受歡迎。
cold noun (ILLNESS)
I've got a cold. 我著涼了。