contact noun (COMMUNICATION)
I've been busy at home and have hardly had any contact with the outside world. 我一直都在家裡忙，和外面的世界幾乎沒有甚麽聯繫。
She finally made contact with him in Italy. 她最終在義大利和他取得了聯繫。
Air traffic control lost radio contact with the pilot of the plane ten minutes before the accident. 事故發生前十分鐘，航空交通管制中心失去了和機師的無線電聯繫。
- It concerns me that he hasn't been in contact.
- She has denied her family and refuses to have any contact with them.
- One of the minus points of working at home is not having social contact with colleagues.
- For a few tense minutes, the astronauts lost radio contact with mission control.
- After a few months' contact the monkeys become very tame.
contact noun (TOUCH)
- Many tribes became extinct when they came into contact with Western illnesses.
- He's very shy and never makes eye contact.
- It's possible to pass on the virus to others through physical contact.
- The AIDS virus is spread through contact with blood and other body fluids.
- Don't let the cloth come into contact with anything greasy.
contact noun (PERSON)
I don't really know how she got the job, but I think her mother has contacts. 我不知道她到底怎麽得到這份工作的，不過我懷疑她母親有些門路。
contactverb [ T ]uk /ˈkɒn.tækt/ us /ˈkɑːn.tækt/
- You can contact us by email or fax.
- For more information about the job, please contact the personnel manager.
- Discussion forums are a way of contacting people with similar interests from all over the world.
- Should you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to contact me.
- I've been trying to contact you all day.