contextnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒn.tekst/ us /ˈkɑːn.tekst/
context noun [ C ] (CAUSE OF EVENT)
It is important to see all the fighting and bloodshed in his plays in historical context. 結合歷史背景解讀他戲劇作品中所有的爭鬥和流血事件，這點很重要。
- To understand this issue, it must first be situated in its context.
- The production is deliberately styleless, and this takes the play out of its historical context.
- What was the context you found the word in?
- He thinks smacking is OK in the context of a happy family.
- His remarks were very tasteless in the context of a memorial service.
context noun [ C ] (LANGUAGE)