contractnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒn.trækt/ us /ˈkɑːn.trækt/
a contract of employment 僱用合同
They could take legal action against you if you break (the terms of) the contract. 如果你違反合同（條款），他們可以起訴你。
be under contract
- The contract between the two companies will expire at the end of the year.
- They will only agree to sign the contract if certain conditions are met.
- I'm on a temporary contract and have little financial security .
- Under the terms of their contract, employees must give three months' notice if they leave.
- Her firm have just won a cleaning contract worth £3 million.